Work with us
OSCARS are seeking new team members for the new school term starting in August 2019.
OSCARS is a leading childcare provider in Edinburgh and the Lothians, operating out of school childcare during school term time and holidays.
The hours of work vary from club-to-club but usually are between 2pm-6pm Monday-Thursday and 1130am-6pm on a Friday.
Our breakfast club provision runs Monday-Friday from 7.15am-9.00am We have a variety of locations based across the city and can offer flexible hours to suit all.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and responsible individuals who wish to pursue a career in childcare, have a real desire to work with children and wish to continue their development within OSCARS After School clubs.
Due to expansion OSCARS are seeking applications for various managerial positions that have become available from August 2019.
Our managerial roles include Play Leaders and Deputy Play Leaders for our Breakfast and After School Club locations throughout Edinburgh. The hours are generally Monday to Friday between 20-30 hours per week, depending on location and job role.
The role involves managing a small team of staff responsible for the care of primary school age children and providing them with a wide range of activities together with a high level of care and supervision. Staff are also expected to provide excellent customer care and provide parents with informative feedback on a daily basis.
Your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring involvement and engagement of all service users and staff
- Ensuring good communication is kept with parents and head office
- Dealing with any current issues and keep HO updated on these
- Ensuring your club meets all required standards of the care inspectorate & distribute details of regulations to all staff
- Staff development & day-to-day management of staff
- Ensuring welfare of all children & staff -Ensure all petty cash is managed and returned on a monthly basis
- Dealing with all managerial issues relating to the general operations of the club
The role involves working within a small team of staff responsible for the care of primary school age children and providing them with a wide range of activities together with a high level of care and supervision. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for service users at all times.
- Assisting with setting up the club at the start of each session.
- General supervision of children at all times in all areas of the club.
- Engaging effectively with children at all times during their time at the club.
- Effective communication with service users and using their ideas to influence the club’s activity programme.
- Attending staff meetings as scheduled.
- Contributing effectively to the staff meetings, providing ideas & suggestions for activities and general development of the club.
- Responsibility for the safe collection of children from school and their transfer to after school club.
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of snack
- Assisting with the general maintenance of club i.e. tidying up/basic cleaning duties.
- Following OSCARS policies and procedures at all times – please refer to the club’s Site Manual for information.
- Assisting with the planning and supervision of activities – ensuring a safe and stimulating environment at all times
- Communicating effectively with parents as and when required – maintaining professional standards at all times.
- Assisting with the implementation and updating of children’s ‘All About Me’ records.
- Assisting with the completion of activity planning & evaluation sheets.
- Demonstrating awareness and knowledge of the club’s risk assessment documents.
- Supporting senior staff in the completion of documentation for the Care Inspectorate i.e. self-assessment, action plan etc.
For further information or to apply, please contact Craig Forrester, HR Manager on 0131 557 7500 or email email@example.com
Applicants will also be expected to undergo a PVG check and provide details of 2 referees for pre-employment checks.